The innovative network monitoring specialist, today announced that PRTG Network Monitor achieved VMware Ready™ status. This designation indicates that after a detailed validation process, Paessler’s PRTG Network Monitor has achieved VMware’s highest level of endorsement and is supported on VMware vSphere® 6.5 for production environments. VMware Ready solutions are tested and certified by VMware to make the best use of the company’s technology, meet or exceed stringent interoperability criteria and run flawlessly in production environments.
The VMware Ready designation is offered through VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program, a program that aligns best-of-breed technology partners with VMware’s technology services, support, tools and expertise in order to deliver enhanced value to joint customers. Solutions and products that successfully pass VMware’s testing and review process are designated VMware Ready, are easily identifiable with the VMware Ready logo, and are listed in the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX).
PRTG simplifies network administrators’ lives by providing them with a comprehensive, real-time view of networks, systems and applications regardless of whether they reside on premises, off premises or in hybrid environments. Easily configured to show precisely the information systems administrators want to see, PRTG monitors a wide range of variables that impact today’s increasingly complex networks, including devices, traffic, capacity and performance.
With PRTG, systems administrators are the first to know when there is an opportunity to more effectively apply virtualized assets or when problems of any kind arise anywhere within their network infrastructure. PRTG offers more than 200 pre-configured sensors, or monitoring elements, that feed PRTG’s highly intuitive and flexible dashboard. Custom sensors can also be quickly created and integrated with PRTG through a straightforward API.
Alerts and notifications from PRTG can also be set to specify exactly when and how each person is informed via email, SMS or pager, and can be edited, deleted or paused at any time as desired. System administrators can also automatically direct specific applications to run when alerts occur if an automated response is preferable. Some of the many things pre-configured PRTG VMware sensors enable system administrators to do include:
· Plan their virtualization effort: Virtualizing systems without knowing their usual CPU and memory load, disk usage and network usage can lead to surprises. PRTG provides valuable insight into how any application utilizes network resources.
· Prevent server overloads: PRTG allows IT to quickly see if too many virtual machines are running on any single host and monitors the performance of ESX and ESXi servers, including fan rotations per minute, battery voltage and overall health status.
· Gauge the performance of virtual machines: PRTG displays a virtual machine’s CPU load, memory usage, disk read-and-write speed, and network transmission speed.
· Oversee data stores: Hard drive usage and other perimeters of data store health can be quickly viewed on the PRTG dashboard or checked independently as desired.
· Strengthen the quality of service: By monitoring their network, system administrators can confirm that they are making the most of their information technology assets, including their VMware solutions.
“The benefits of virtualization are well known, whether it’s to gain the ability to easily spin up additional network capacity, apply resources with greater flexibility, reduce energy consumption, lower maintenance costs, or simply utilize existing servers more effectively, but many system administrators at mid-sized enterprises and SMBs are needlessly intimidated by virtual environments,” said Greg Ross, systems engineer, North America, at Paessler. “With PRTG, network administrators can rest knowing that they have a real-time view of even the most extensive virtualized environment, and in that way gain the peace of mind that virtualization by its very nature delivers.”
For more on PRTG, please visit http://www.paessler.com/prtg.